Director of Customer Success
The Director of Customer Success (CS) will be responsible for ensuring the engagement and continuous success of Login VSI’s customers resulting in industry leading metrics for customer satisfaction and retention. S/he will build and lead the customer success team, including Customer Success Management and Professional Services resources, ensuring Login VSI customers successfully adopt the product with a positive experience and driving growth for Login VSI through renewals and expansion.
Director of Customer Success Responsibilities
Working with their manager and peers in the company s/he will:
- Define the strategy and tactics for the CS organization, focusing on driving product onboarding, adoption, time to value and ensuring a positive customer experience, while driving growth through gross renewals, net retention improvements and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Minimize logo churn and drive new business growth.
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle by driving programs and initiatives to improve engagement.
- Develop a customer segmentation and associated staffing model to ensure a clear prioritization framework for the team.
- Contribute requirements to the Product team that when implemented will ease customer adoption, and/or enhance the visibility CS has of its customers’ experience.
- Embody the role of customer advocate and lead a culture of continuous improvement.
- Recruit and develop a high performing team, managing those resources to achieve the company’s goals.
- Define and report operational metrics to track performance of teams and individuals on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work closely with the sales management on account opportunities (i.e. opportunities and risks).
- Manage third parties as needed in the delivery of Services to customers.
While this role is not responsible for Customer Support, it is expected s/he will engage in any customer escalations with urgency, engaging resources across the company as required.
- Demonstrated progressive management experience leading teams in a software company and/or progressive experience leading customer success managers. Professional services experience is a plus.
- Proven experience driving software adoption within customers and leveraging customer success best practices to expand sales.
- Measurement and metrics driven professional.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and successfully manage distributed teams.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation and planning.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Able to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Willing and able to address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, bringing a calming influence under pressure.
- Will travel to visit customers, when needed.
- Familiarity with Customer Success tools and principles.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.