A little bit about ourselves
We are known across the industry for our patented VSImax metric, used by vendors (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, Cisco, Dell/EMC, HP, Lenovo and more) to highlight the performance of their given platforms and products. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
We are a global company with customers all over the world. Our list of Enterprise customers already is a who’s-who of leading banking, insurance, healthcare, education, and government entities. We contribute to a better desktop experience for millions of end-users who rely on our products to ensure their end-user experience is never compromised because of poor VDI Change Management.
The team that awaits you
All products of Login VSI are made by our international Development team consisting of 2 agile teams with team members in Netherlands, US and Lithuania. We have R&D engineers, UI/UX designers, C# developers, front-end developers, QA engineers, DevOps Engineers, Product Owners and a Scrum Master.
We work close with our Product Management, Customer Support and Customer Success teams, making sure our clients not only get features they need but can also successfully deploy, customize, and operate the Login VSI testing solutions.
You, as a part of Development team will be reporting to the Software Development Manager.
This is what you’ll be doing
As a Front-end developer, you are responsible for developing and maintaining of the web interfaces of our products.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Implementing new features for our Login Enterprise product according to the business requirements and designs
- Maintaining existing features for Login Enterprise and Login VSI products
- Writing unit-tests for new and existing features
- Collaborating with UX/UI designers to make sure we get optimal design for our products while keeping in mind time needed for developing those designs
- Collaborating with system architect and other developers (front-end and back-end) in making technical decisions
- Writing technical documentation
- Performing code reviews
This is how we picture you
Of course, we expect you to be brilliant at what you do. But besides that, we think a cultural match is just as important. We hope that you always face your challenges in a positive way, and that you like getting stuff done by being flexible and highly driven. And that our open and unconventional culture feels like home.
We believe in people taking responsibility for their own work, and this is what we expect in return for the autonomy and freedom to work in a way that suits you. Obviously, we all still need to work together as a team, but if you want to work part-time, start early (or late) we won’t get in your way.
If all of this sounds like you, and you like to work with cutting edge technology, within Fortune 500 accounts and with leading IT-vendors, please read further.
These things we also find important
You have relevant education on academic level OR work experience showing professional and intellectual capacities at academic level
- You have experience building applications using latest versions of Angular
- You have knowledge of DOM and Angular DOM manipulation techniques
- You have ability to write semantic and responsive code for modern browsers using HTML5 and Sass
- You are comfortable with reactive programming
- You earn extra credits if you have knowledge/experience on:
- charting libraries (amCharts 4, Highcharts or others)
You are familiar with/willing to learn .NET and you are open to work on the back-end as well
- You show strong ambitions, and you have a keen desire to keep developing yourself
- You have strong analytical skills and a demonstrated commitment to quality output
- You are a team player, but you can also work independently
- You can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are skilled at problem solving and troubleshooting
- You have good organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- You are open to continuous improvement of our way of working
- You are fluent in English; Dutch is a plus
- You are pro-active and ambitious
- You speak up when there is room for improvement
What's in it for you?
At Login VSI we have quite an ambitious bunch of people walking around. People who we like to give all the room they need to come up with new initiatives. To challenge each other. And to challenge us. Why? Because it helps us grow. This makes Login VSI (if we may say so ourselves) a fantastic place to work.
What we offer is:
- A serious challenge with high stakes – possibility to make a real impact on our company, the VDI market and end-user experience of millions of users around the world
- A market-competitive salary, in line with the job and your proven experiences
- 8% holiday allowance
- Covered travel expenses (or work-from-home expenses)
- A mobile phone with a paid plan (or reimbursement of your own phone and plan if you wish)
- 26 holidays (plus half a day for your birthday)
- Permanent contract after 7 months (if you need working visa after 1 year)
- 36-40h (negotiable)
- Enough time to invest in coaching, study and what you need for growth of your knowledge, of course at our expense
- A great place to work with a lot of freedom
- An international work environment
- Opportunities to work with the latest technologies
Where will you work?
At the moment Development team is working one day in the office and the rest of the time from home. But if you wish you can work full time in the office.
Our office is easily accessible both by car and public transport – we are just few minutes walking from Heemstedestraat metro station in Amsterdam. If you are coming by car we have a company parking waiting for you.
How can you join us?
- Send us your CV and a motivation letter
- We will contact you to schedule intro call
- During the intro call (via Microsoft Teams/Zoom with Scrum Master and Product Owner) we will give you more information about the company and the job.
- You will be given technical assignment for which you will have 1 week time to finish
- We will contact you to schedule 1st
- During the 1st interview (via Microsoft Teams/Zoom with 2 developers) we will do a walk-through your finished assignment and deep-dive into your technical knowledge
- We will contact you to schedule the 2nd interview
- During the 2nd interview (with HR assistant and your direct manager) we will try to see if we have a team and company fit. This interview will be done face-to-face in our office (or via Microsoft Teams/Zoom if you do not leave in The Netherlands)
- We will send you an offer