Product Marketing Manager (Emphasis on Content)
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing the overall company's product marketing and content strategy. The PMM will help create effective positioning, messaging, and marketing programs. The PMM is responsible for the management of the creation and production of online and offline marketing content. S/he will establish and maintain strong relations with sales (including partner), including “owning” the life cycle of the content creation process. S/he will be responsible for working directly with the VP of Marketing and VP of Sales to develop high level/impact content that speak to individual personas.
The PMM will be a critical member of the marketing team and help build a steady cadence of rock-solid programs and content and offers for all stages of the funnel. The successful candidate in this role will be a self-starter who’s passionate about creating engaging, valuable content for both senior business decision makers as well as practitioners in the testing/infrastructure industry. You will develop a world-class multi-channel, multi-format content strategy that leverages our company brand to engage new and existing customers and drive SEO and conversion. You will lead and inspire strategically sound content ideas and elevate creative thinking across the content marketing team, and help ensure unified, relevant messaging across all channels such as demand generation, digital and web assets including blogs, thought leadership, campaign assets, social, video strategy and more.
- Content creation tied to the overall goes (pipeline and revenue) of the marketing and sales (and partner) organization
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- A hands-on strategist who can collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop clear, concise and engaging stories aligned with our messaging. Content will be delivered in a variety of formats (web copy, blogs, whitepapers, infographics, guides, eBooks, videos, etc.)
- Drive creative thinking - Blend effectiveness and creativity in order to create best-in-class content that incites engagement and grows our audiences. Act as a creative champion for new, interesting content ideas.
- Develop and maintain a functional content calendar including blog calendar based on audience insights, keyword research, messaging themes, and campaign plans.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and print.
Exceptional writing and editing skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a love of grammar.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing and content creation or related disciplines preferably in B2B SaaS
- Infrastructure industry experience highly preferred
- Strong writing skills with a diverse portfolio of published work, both long-form and short-form
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- World-class writing and editing skills and a love for creating top-performing content
- Experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with demand generation tools and principles.
- BS/BA or similar degree in Marketing, Journalism, PR or related communications field